Monday, October 24, 2005

Missing your Passion

For the past few months, I have not gone out and covered the big rallies plaguing the city. Believe me if I say that I miss the whole frakkin' deal sooo much.

I long to be there with my fellow journalists braving the raving mob and short-fused riot cops. I long to feel the adrenaline rush of scampering and elbowing your way to a good position to take the perfect shot. I long to fear again for the safety of my equipment before caring if it is my blood that stains my shirt or that of an unlucky cop or protester.

I have missed so much since i have to take the mantle of responsibility. I have to now delegate this extremely fun endeavour to our pool and concentrate on tasking the right people for the right task.

Sigh, command responsibility . . . .

No comments: